Please read our policies carefully.
Terms & Conditions
Oceans of Discovery tries to ensure the accuracy of the information on the site, to the extent permissible by law, it expressly excludes all liability including liability for any representation (unless fraudulent) and cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or content of any other websites with links into or out from the site. Any advice or recommendation given is followed or acted upon entirely at your own risk. "
All credit card numbers are encrypted in the software when the order is placed using 128-bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
Data Protection Policy: Oceans of Discovery Last updated: 04/01/2020
Company: Oceans Of Discovery
GDPR: The General Data Protection Regulation.
Responsible Person: David Quinlan (Owner)
1. Data protection principles
Oceans of Discovery is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.”
2. General provisions
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by Oceans of Discovery.
- The Responsible Person shall take responsibility for Oceans of Discovery's ongoing compliance with this policy.
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually.
3. Lawful, fair and transparent processing
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to Oceans of Discovery shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
4. Lawful purposes
- All data processed by Oceans of Discovery must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests.
- The Company shall note the appropriate lawful basis in the Register of Systems.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in Oceans of Discovery's systems.
5. Data minimisation
- Oceans of Discovery shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Oceans of Discovery shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
- Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
7. Archiving / removal
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, Oceans of Discovery shall put in place an archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why.
- Oceans of Discovery shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, Oceans of Discovery shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach.
Reservations can be cancelled 48 hours prior to dive or activity time for a full refund.
If a reservation is not cancelled within 48 hours of trip time then any remaining balance due will be charged at trip time.
If Oceans of Discovery cancels a trip because of conditions or for any other reason then a full refund will be given.
We aim to give to you the best possible day out but if conditions are deemed unsuitable we reserve the right to amend departure times and dive locations. Occasionally we may have to cancel your dive or activity entirely. In such a case we can transfer you to another date, or offer a partial or complete refund depending on the circumstances.
Oceans of Discovery reserves the right to cancel a trip for any reason, and we aim to let you know as soon as we can. The decision to cancel or change cannot be made by the customer without application to our policy. If we consider that sea conditions or visibility is unsafe for an activity, we will cancel on safety grounds. That is our decision and in that situation, we will provide a full refund.
We sympathize that travel plans can vary, due to many different elements including illness, but we may have had to refuse customers based on the place being booked.
In the event of a “No show”, full payment of the trip will be required.